Chocolate Espresso Cheesecake
June 18, 2015
- 200g dark chocolate with 70% cocoa solids + extra to decorate
- 60 ml espresso, allowed to cool
- 200g digestive biscuits (or plain Graham crackers)
- 100g butter, melted
- 250ml (1 cup) cream
- 400g cream cheese
- 200g castor sugar
- additional cream to serve
- Melt the chocolate in double boiler or in the microwave and set aside to cool.
- Make the espresso an allow this to cool.
- Line a 22 – 23 cm spring form cake tin with baking paper.
- Whip the cream to soft peaks in the Breville 800 Class stand mixer using the whisk attachment and scrape into another bowl and set aside.
- Grind the biscuits in the Breville Control Grip Stick Blender with the chopper attachment, add the melted butter and press this into the base of the lined tin. Use the back of a spoon to even it out.
- Using the same bowl as the cream, beat the sugar and cream cheese until the sugar crystals have dissolved. Add the cooled chocolate and espresso until well combined.
- Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mix and empty this into the biscuit lined tin. Smooth the top out and chill in the fridge until set.
- Decorate with grated chocolate and serve with whipped cream.